sábado, 23 de abril de 2011

tan tararán!

it's time to introduce the newest members of the traveling zoo.

Now, as you all should know, I have a herd of animals that I take with me everywhere. The pack leader and original member being Gori; he's been with me since 2004 and for years animals have come and gone, but since Thailand, I've begun to collect a pretty tight herd of awesomeness. The second member of the herd is Moose. As I've said before, he's not really a moose...he's supposed to be a water buffalo, but considering I never encountered a water buffalo with a cylindrical body or head, I decided it was a moose.

The rest of the animals you can see in the picture at the end, but since I've added three new members, I thought they deserved a special introduction. These two below are kiwis. For those of you who don't know, kiwis are flightless birds endemic to New Zealand and generally described by New Zealanders as "useless". I, however, find them awesome. I haven't seen one up close yet, but the idea of birds that can't fly makes me happy. They can't freak me out with the uncontrollable flapping of their wings, therefore, just like penguins, I automatically love them. These two creature were a gift and they have fitted right in with the rest.The third newbie is my latest find. I bought him yesterday at a gypsy market for 50 cents and I can't believe my luck. The day was coming to an end, the market was closing, people were packing away the unsold (note: unwanted) items and I was tired from a morning of avoiding odd lawn ornaments and tarot card readers. I was out of water and hungry. The smell of the venison burger stand was making me nauseous. I was working out the shortest way to the car through the crowd of gypsies and hippies, when my eyes wandered off-course. There he was, next to a hand-painted (note: hideous) miniature teapot, and a tiny glass bell (those I assume were used back in the day to ring the butler from the dinner table, and ask him to please bring more pot roast...and a bottle of red). There he was, stoically waiting to be shoved in a plastic box, to await for the next Saturday when he would again be displayed and unappreciated by the masses. Thanks to my wandering eye, I was able to change his fate and have him join the rest of the cast. Meet the camel:He's lovely, and along with the two kiwis, he's fitting right in. Here is a picture of the whole lot:
Now on behalf of Gori, Moose, Camel, Elephant, Goat, Kiwi, Cat, Turtle, Kiwi II and myself, I bid adieu.

Go eat a chocolate egg!

2 comentarios:

  1. Lol, Carlos the Camel maybe. Venison is very good, maybe you should try it hahaha. And just because they can't fly doesn't mean they can't flap their wingies!

    Love you!

    ResponderEliminar