martes, 8 de enero de 2013

what do I believe in?

I believe above everything else that people are good. Deep down I truly think that. We tend to get caught up in the nonesensical day-to-day and transform into mean, obnoxious, impatient, rude, judgemental, superficial, bitter and intolerant beings. I don't think that's the true version of any of us...it'd be too depressing an idea if it was. It's just easy to get carried away in the mix of arguments, and the stress, and the chaos that can be life. It's not healthy, but it's easy. I do it. You do it. We all do it. We all fight for dumb reasons, defending things we don't really care about. We put our pride above others' feelings. It's not ideal, but nobody's perfect. The truth is I don't believe the man that cut me off today is really that rude, or the lady that snapped at me last week is really that mean. I think we're all way more sensitive than we'd like to admit, and fronting a tough exterior is an easy way to avoid that. We all just need constant reminders that most of the things that get our blood boiling throughout the day are really not that big of a deal. It's really not that important that someone rolled their eyes at you, or cut in line, or spoke to you at a higher-than-desired tone of voice. Is it ideal? No. Is it the end of the world? Not by far. Don't let it get to you. Rise above it. Be the person you truly are. Smile and let it go.

I believe in me. I believe in you. I believe in the beauty of humanity as a whole. We might stray off the path every now and then, but I believe we all have the ability to get back on track.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario